Unless the key executives (key members of the senior management) are coached they will not be able to provide the appropriate leadership and drive the relevant extraordinary performance outcomes. Also some of them have to be coached on a one on one basis and confidentially. There has to be a coaching mechanism which also makes the top management accountable and ensures they develop their competencies and achieve their BOLD PROMISES. Also in some cases behavioral and attitudinal corrections have to be made through mentoring and therapy at times otherwise their interpersonal performance can severely affect the bonding and hence the performance.
When does an organization need Coaching & where CPT is so useful?
There are several circumstances under which an organization experiences the need for an executive or business coach for itself and its team members.
- Coaching to help leaders realize their potential
- Coaching as an important leadership development intervention
- Performance improvement and personal change
- Taking your business to the next level of growth
Some salient features of Executive Coaching:
The field of coaching is nascent and still evolving. The technology of coaching is exploding into organizations and into our personal lives. Therefore, there is a need to understand the nature of coaching.
- Executive Coaching is typically a series of one-on-one interactions designed to meet the individual needs of the coachee, but generally focuses on personal awareness and targeted skills to improve work performance.
- Executive Coaching is all about change and transformation that a coachee aspires, which emanates from asking right questions than providing right answers
- Executive Coaching is about reinventing oneself – creating new stories, new identities and new futures
- Executive coaching helps executives to learn and to make best use of learning in order to bring about effective action, performance improvement, personal growth and better business results for the organization.
- Executive Coaching is specific, need based, time bound, and measurable.
- Executive Coaching facilitates the exploration of needs, motivations, aspirations, skills and thought processes to assist the individual in making tangible behavioral changes that would enhance leadership skills and competencies together with holistic self-improvement.
- Executive Coaching focuses on present challenges and future opportunities by leveraging on strengths and empowers the coachees to achieve goals.
- Executive Coaching allows for continuous learning, offering support, encouragement and feedback.
- Executive Coaching aims at addressing real workplace challenges and can either be treated as a short-term intervention or a long-term developmental process.
- Executive Coaching concentrates on the present context of an individual’s work and personal life and drive towards competence building in both the areas.
- Executive Coaching is usually confidential, allowing people to freely discuss delicate issues; to shed defenses; to explore blind spots and shortcomings.
- Executive Coaching is individually tailored to the person and the current issue or problem as opposed to the “one-size-fits-all”